I got Packenham (Paddy for short) - an ex point-to-pointer in May of 2012, after having a break from riding of about 20 years. There have been some ups and downs (mostly downs) over the past 18 months & this is our journey together from Paddy being a racehorse to hopefully eventually a riding horse!

Thursday 27 December 2012

Paddy has moved house

Over this past week I have moved paddy to his new yard in fulbourn. Decided to leave him in for a couple of days, but then turned him out & of course he hooned about like an idiot, but eventually settled down to eat. Since he has changed yards and since getting is diagnosis, I have been reading anything & everything about navicular syndrome, biomechanics, feet and diet and have decided that I will probably take his shoes off and try to rehab him barefoot, as this seems to be the most effective way to get the hoof functioning correctly. I did mention this to the vet when I saw him, but he said rather vehemently that there's no way he should go barefoot......we'll see!!!

Meanwhile paddy enjoying his new surroundings!!





No comments:

Post a Comment