I got Packenham (Paddy for short) - an ex point-to-pointer in May of 2012, after having a break from riding of about 20 years. There have been some ups and downs (mostly downs) over the past 18 months & this is our journey together from Paddy being a racehorse to hopefully eventually a riding horse!

Monday 11 August 2014

Holiday's over!

I got back from Yorkshire on Saturday afternoon and decided that as the weather was good I would ride Paddy, particularly as the forecast was horrid for Sunday. 
I was expecting the worst as I hadn't ridden him for over a week, but was amazed that he behaved himself, wasn't stupid and settled down to work - he also felt better for his week off. 

I didn't do too much with him, started off in walk, circles and spirals, plus transitions, then moved up into trot, again worked on transitions, leg yield and shoulder in. I then went back into walk and did transitions within the pace from collected to medium to slightly more extended.

He was very happy to finish & get his dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment