I got Packenham (Paddy for short) - an ex point-to-pointer in May of 2012, after having a break from riding of about 20 years. There have been some ups and downs (mostly downs) over the past 18 months & this is our journey together from Paddy being a racehorse to hopefully eventually a riding horse!

Sunday 27 May 2012

Paddy's first dressage

Well, I bathed Paddy yesterday, pulled his tail, trimmed his heels, put him in his stable for the night and of course as soon as he got in there he rolled!

this morning I arrived at the stables and everyone was on a mission to make their ponies & horses look smart. I wasn't going to plait Paddy up but decided at he last minute to do so, and what a smart boy he looked.

It was a scorching day and Nick was riding him first, so warmed up and then went into the arena, and although being unbalanced in canter, did a good test.


I then  got on and went to warm up, Paddy became very excited when Magic (one of the school ponies) came hurtling past him at top speed out of the indoor school and off towards the yard - I'm sure Paddy thought there was a race on! Then went to do my test.....


Paddy performed like a star - He was so well behaved and calm, no napping, no gawping at everything else that was going on and he didn't bat an eyelid at the big scary, flappy parasol that he judge was seated beneath that upset many of the other horses!

I was over the moon with the way he went - a very proud Paddy's mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment