I got Packenham (Paddy for short) - an ex point-to-pointer in May of 2012, after having a break from riding of about 20 years. There have been some ups and downs (mostly downs) over the past 18 months & this is our journey together from Paddy being a racehorse to hopefully eventually a riding horse!

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Preparation for Paddy's first dressage competition

The livery yard where I keep Paddy is holding a dressage series for the riding school clients and liveries, so I decided to enter Paddy with Nick & I riding him. I normally have a lesson on him on a Wednesday evening with some of the other livery owners, which is quite good as we are all of a similar standard. So in  preparation for the dressage on Sunday I let Nick ride him in the lesson so that he could have a bit of practice beforehand & so  could see Paddy being ridden which is not something I get to see that often as I am normally on him!



Here he is practicing the canter part of prelim 12, as yet Paddy is quite unbalanced and Nick has the tendency to have his reins too long so Paddy goes round a bit strung out.

No comments:

Post a Comment