I got Packenham (Paddy for short) - an ex point-to-pointer in May of 2012, after having a break from riding of about 20 years. There have been some ups and downs (mostly downs) over the past 18 months & this is our journey together from Paddy being a racehorse to hopefully eventually a riding horse!

Wednesday 2 May 2012

First group lesson

This evening Paddy and I joined one of the group lessons which liveries are allowed to do as part of their livery agreement. He was very well behaved given that he has never been in an enclosed space with lots of other horses. In fact he was better behaved than the others, who are all older and used to being with others. He rushed on in trot though trying to catch up so we worked on slowing the trot down by me slowing my rising and he managed to maintain a nice even trot. He got tired quite quickly though and startedtossing his head up. Chris & I decided to limit 'hard' work to 20 minutes to 1/2 hour bursts as his muscles are very weak along his back and will need time to build them up. All in all I was really pleased with the way he went.

No comments:

Post a Comment